Yesterday, I was sharing with a Facebook group about how the remedies helped my old bunny Puto when he was sick last year. Brought back memories of how it was then, and now thinking back, I really must thank Bach Flower Remedies.
During our Sydney trip last year June, we sent Puto to our usual bunny boarder. When we returned, our dear boarder told us she suspected Puto was suffering from ear abscess. This could be a serious problem as bunnies could develop permanent head-tilt due to abscess.
We took him to the vet and he was diagnosed with abscess in his left ear, yeast infection in his right ear and ear infection with his left eye. He was prescribed with antibiotics injections, ears and eye flush every alternate days, plus, ear and eyes drops and other medications every day.
We had to bring him to the vet clinic every alternate days. The vet told us the abscess might not heal and might get worse, and most probably have to be on such maintenance for life-long.
Puto's moods and appetite were super bad and he was so frightened whenever he saw us approached with the pet carrier as he knew he would be going through ordeals again. At times, he was feeling so down, it seemed he was feeling very discouraged. So I started giving him Bach Flower Remedies regularly throughout that period, and his moods and appetite became better.
Remedy treatment mixture given to Puto:
- Gentian: For his feeling of discouragement.
- Crab Apple: As a cleansing remedy for all the toxic from injections and medications. Also for feeling self-disgusted with the discharge from his infected eyes. (Puto was seen grooming himself excessively.)
- Mimulus: For his fear of the injections and treatments he had to go through.
- Walnut: To make him feel more settled with all these changes in his life then.
- Willow: To overcome his resentment of us sending him to the vet every other day. (Puto was less friendly to us and tried to avoid us.)
- Chicory: This is his personality type. Adding this to his remedy treatment mixture, will help him be more balanced.
4 months later, his abscess and other ailments miraculously recovered totally! Even the vet was surprised. I strongly believe it was the remedies that helped Puto recovered so well and so soon, but I didn't share with the vet, because in Singapore, not many people know about Bach Flower Remedies. Didn't want to be taken as a weirdo.
How I wish more pet owners in Singapore would know about how their furkids can benefit so much with Bach Flower Remedies.
Blog on Bach Flower Remedies and Rescue Remedy discovered by Dr Edward Bach - Healing for better emotion and health